A quick store cupboard salad, high in fibre and protein to fill you up. The recpie can be adapted to which ever canned beans you like (or you have in your cupboard!).
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1 can of sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper for seasoning
- Fresh extras: 2 chopped spring onions / chopped peppers
- Open cans, drain the beans and rinse in a sieve under the tap
- Add the beans, sweetcorn, chopped spring onions / chopped peppers and balsamic vinegar into a bowl and mix. Season with black pepper.
Serve with a green salad and a slice of crusty bread for lunch or as side salad with a main meal such as pizza or lasagne. It will keep for several days in a container in the fridge. How about taking a pot as part of your packed lunch?