We (Louise Robertson and Sarah Howe) are UK Health and Care Professions Council (HPCP) registered dietitians and members of the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
This blog will provide information based on our own views and opinions, we will not provide any false or misleading information. We will use our clinical and scientific skills and follow our HPCP dietetic code of conduct ensuring all information is evidence-based, professional and responsible.
We have signed up to RDs4Disclosure which means we have pledged to blog with integrity.
This blog is aimed at the population in general, but will not replace the
Special Diets: Dietary advice for special diets on this blog is for information only and does not replace specialist tailored advice from health care professionals, it is the reader’s responsibility to gain this advice.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Dietitian’s Life may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address (if you sign up to the mailing list or contact ourselves)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
Information is gathered on this site if you supply an email address (either via the newsletter sign up or if you contact us directly). We have Goole Analytics installed which collects data on your demographics and preferences and we have Gourmet Ads installed which collects information (from cookies see below). We have set Goole Analytics to retain your information for 26months after the last contact with the site and then the information will be deleted automatically. Google Analytics and Gourmet ads are GDPR compliant.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have joined the mailing list we will send you new post newsletters.
- If you have joined the mailing list we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to
customisethe website according to your interests.
When you sign up for our newsletter, you will be asked to give your consent by activating the link to subscribe to the mailing list via an email to your email account. We then hold your email address on a list within our mail provider (MailPoet who are GDPR compliant). You will get an email every time we publish a new post on the blog. Occasionally we might send you an email with events or information that may be of interest to you. Mail poet tracks if you have opened the email and if you have clicked through to the blog post. You have the right to be removed from the email list by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed. We will not sell, distribute or lease your email address to anyone else without your permission. If you sign up to our email list but do not
Contact via the contact page and email
If you contact us via the contact page or email, we will keep your email for one year at the most. If you want us to delete your email address before this time, then please email email@example.com and it will be deleted. We will not use your email address to anything else.
When you leave a comment on a post only your name is shown. To add a comment you have to add your email address to verify. We do not do anything with your email address. If you want to be added to our mailing list you can tick the box and subscribe. Your first comment will need to be approved by us, your following comments will go straight to the post. If your comment is offensive or we believe not suitable for our readers, then we will delete it.
Social Media contact
Any contact I receive on social media is also handled securely and confidentially. I will delete any social media messages upon request from the individual concerned or which contains sensitive personal information which is no longer necessary to retain.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent
This blog is hosted by Heart Internet. We ensure our site is secure and we have an SSL certificate installed for security.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact Louise Robertson,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like your data to be withdrawn and request to be deleted from our files, then please contact Louise Robertson, on firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to withdraw consent.
Should you have any queries in relation to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here are the contact details of our Data Controller:
Name: Louise Robertson
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
By entering my competitions, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Dietitian’s Life however, prizes are often provided to me via a third party, and as such, the prize will be delivered directly from the third party PR or brand and not directly via myself.
- Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over with the exception of direct family members from Run Jump Scrap.
- There are, and never will be any entry fees associated with my competitions. No purchase necessary unless otherwise specifically stated.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing dates for each competition are as published on the post. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Dietitian’s Life reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of my control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- Dietitian’s Life will not be responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Dietitian’s Life reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice should the original item become unavailable, out of stock or discontinued.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software (Rafflecopter), from all entries received and will be verified by Dietitian’s Life.
- The winner(s) will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, Dietitian’s Life may withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement.
- Dietitian’s Life will ask the winner(s) to provide a mailing address and/or contact information in order to claim their prize. This may be passed on to the third party PR / Brand for the sole purpose of arranging delivery. Your details will not be passed on to any other third party. Correspondence will be from my email address – email@example.com.
- Dietitian’s Life’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prize winners should allow 28 days for the delivery of their prize.
- Dietitian’s Life will take no responsibility for items lost, misplaced or damaged during transit.
- Should you have any questions prior to entering, please email Dietitian’s Life for clarification.
ADVERTISING AND AFFILIATE LINKS
Communication and Social Media policy
We will try and answer all genuine messages and comments that we receive in a timely manner, but this will depend on how busy we are.
We cannot provide individual nutritional advice as we do not currently provide private nutritional advice. However, we may discuss population-level health advice, the evidence base in relation to nutrition. We are also able to signpost to relevant resources or sources of support.
If we are contacted in relation to a topic which falls outside of our scope of practice, we will be upfront about this and we may signpost to another professional who has expertise in that specific area.
If the message or comment is offensive or it does not fit with the ethos of our blog, then we have the right to ignore or delete it.
We also run social media accounts alongside the blog. Facebook, Instagram and personal twitter accounts. We encourage our followers to interact, but we expect users to be respectful and not aggressive or offensive. If we see disrespectful, aggressive or offensive comments then we may choose to remove them from our social media channels or block them. If someone wants to challenge us on social media and we do not find it appropriate to continue the discussion in public, we will offer the person to email us separately to discuss further. We refuse the right to respond to attacking comments.