Working part time and having a young family means I don’t have time to make long complicated meals so I love this recipe where you just throw it all in the pan! This recipe is adapted from a magazine recipe and I now keep in my recipe box! I generally look in the fridge to see what veg I have left and use that. With protein, carbs and veg, it is an all in one meal and a easy alternative to a Sunday roast.
- chicken thighs x 6-8
- onions x 2
- garlic cloves 2-3
- new potatoes
- chicken stock 1 pt
- balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- chopped vegetables – I used mushrooms, courgette, swede and squash (but you could use a mix of any veg in your fridge).
- mixed herbs and black pepper to season
The veg left in my fridge!
- heat the oven to 180°C
- chop veg into 1-2cm squares
- drizzle oil into the roasting tin
- heat your roasting tin on the hob
- brown the chicken off in the tin
- once the chicken is brown on both sides, turn off heat under the tin
- add the garlic gloves, chopped onions, veg and new potatoes in the pan
- add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to 1 pt of chicken stock and add stock to the pan
- season with black pepper and herbs
- cook in the oven for about 1 hour 15 min or until the chicken is cooked.[spacer height=”20px”]
If you don’t have any new potatoes, then you could just add veg to the pan and then cook some rice or mashed potato to go with the casserole. A meal to be enjoyed with all the family. Enjoy!