A healthy breakfast is essential to set you up for the day… but for people that have to follow a low protein diet then it can be hard to find information on healthy breakfast ideas.
This video is for people that have been told by their doctor that they have to follow a very low protein diet. Disorders, where the treatment includes a very low protein diet, include Phenylketonuria (PKU), Tyrisonaemia, Maple Syrup Urine Disease and Homocystinuria.
We hope you enjoy our video and please link through to YouTube and give us a like and a follow!
- Measured quantities of cereal with low protein milk plus chopped fruit or berries on top
- Gluten-free bagel (GF products are often lower in protein so check the protein content) with fried mushrooms / tinned tomatoes
- Low protein toast with cream cheese (mini Philadelphia tubs are 2.5 g protein)
- Low protein toast with jam and chopped banana on top
- Low protein toast with tinned spaghetti (200g tin = 3g protein)
- Overnight oats – link to recipe here
- Coconut yoghurts and fruit (Koko 100mls 0.5g protein, Coconut collaborative just over 1g protein per pot)
*Always check the labels for protein content in case ingredients have changed.
Let us know in the comments if you have any other great breakfast ideas.