Looking for exciting ideas for your veg? Cauliflower is one of the veg my fussy 4-year old says she likes! Cauliflower is very versatile. I have already blogged about how I sometimes blend cooked cauliflower into a white sauce to get her to eat more veg which works a treat! I never really thought about roasting cauliflower, but roasted cauliflower is a great alternative to boiled or with a white sauce.
The great thing about this dish is that you can tailor to your taste. Add what every herbs or spice you fancy. Make it spicy by adding dried chilli or try and mix of different herbs. Have it as the veg component of your dish alongside your high fibre carbs and protein.
- 6-8 Unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- herbs / spices / chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to a hot 200 degree C, ( for fan oven 180) / gas mark 6
- Chop the cauliflower into florets (chop as many as you will eat!)
- Take the garlic out the bulb, but leave unpeeled
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a mixing bowl
- Pour the olive oil in
- Squeeze the lemon juice in and grate some lemon zest (skin)
- Add your choice or herbs / black pepper / spice / chilli flakes
- Mix well so all is covered
- Place on baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20mins.
For more ideas of how to get more veg in your diet, then link through to our post ‘Top tips to include more fruit and veg in your diet‘ and for more recipes check out our recipe page.
If you like this recipe please give us a star rating below and please do share, thanks.