It’s a good habit to always include vegetables or salad with your meals. If looking for a salad, don’t despair if you don’t have any lettuce in the fridge, you can make any veg into a salad! This salad just uses 2 vegetables; carrots and courgettes. If you don’t have a julienne peeler or a spiralizer, then making a grated version would work just as well.
- 1 Courgette
- 1-2 Carrots
- Flaked almonds
- 1-2 teaspoons of flavoured oil (bought or make your own!)
- Julienne, spiralise or grate the courgette and carrots
- Heat a frying pan and dry toast the flakes almonds for a few minutes
- Mix the courgette, carrots and toasted flaked almonds
- Drizzle the salad with flavoured oil and mix well.
Enjoy as a side salad to your main meal, pizza, a toasted sandwich or jacket potato… What other veg could you try making into an exciting salad? Let us know or send us your photos!