Looking for a family meal that the kids can get involved in…? Then look no further. This is a take on a home made chicken goujon recipe from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food book. My girls love getting involved; helping coat the chicken and this recipe doesn’t take to long to make! Using a store cupboard ingredient (cream crackers) for the crispy coating means you don’t have to plan ahead to make if you have chicken in the fridge or freezer.
- Chicken – breast ~2 / thigh ~4-6
- Cream crackers ~12
- Garlic cloves x 2
- Butter 25g
- Plain flour in a shallow bowl
- Eggs 1-2
- Turn the oven on hot 200 degrees C
- Chop the chicken into strips
- Blitz the cream crackers, butter, garlic cloves and black pepper in a blender until fine crumbs.
- Take 3 shallow bowls and pour the crumbs into one, flour into another and beaten egg into the third.
The production line…
- Start with the chicken
- Coat in the flour
- Dip in the egg
- Coat well in the crumbs
- Place on a baking tray.
Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins until cooked through and serve with wedges / mash and veg / salad. Yum!
Why not try adding different flavourings to your crumb; chilli, thyme, oregano. Let us know what you create.